In large and small communities alike, people rely on police and fire departments to keep their families safe and their properties secure. In times of emergency and severe weather, they count on critical first responders and public utility workers in crisis situations.
It’s specifically for these safety professionals that Motorola has designed the PR1500 Professional Series two-way radio. The PR1500 offers a higher level of durability, range and audio sophistication for those who need reliable communications in the toughest of conditions.
This brochure will detail all the performance features of the PR1500 and its many practical accessories. Your Authorized Motorola Dealer can give you all the information and help you choose the right products and accessories for your organization.
Dependable Did you know?
PR Series radios operate at temperatures as low as –30˚ C (-22˚ F).
What sets the PR1500 Apart
Motorola has taken all the features you expect in a two-way radio and brought them to the next level with the new PR1500. Experienced users will appreciate many of its enhancements and design features. Specifically, the PR1500:
- Offers a rich, full audio quality which your dealer can customize to meet individual preferences and listening environment.
- Operates in a wide geographic area due to its significantly improved reception range and signal receptivity.
- Has been ergonomically designed to handle easily, with bigger knobs and controls that can be operated even wearing heavy gloves.
- Meets strict U.S. military specifications and Motorola standards for durability and reliability.
- Is backed by Motorola service and a two-year warranty.
A higher level of performance for tough conditions:
- 32 Channels
- Large Raised Channel and On/Off Volume Knobs - Easy to operate when wearing gloves
- 3 Position Concentric Switch - Allows customization of radio features for ease of use
- Programmable Emergency Button - Alerts dispatcher in an emergency situation
- Sealed Accessory Connector - Customize audio solutions to meet your needs. Backward compatible with existing accessories
- Enhanced Audio Features - Noise reduction software and Audio Gain Control ( CPS Programmable) allow audio customization to meet your needs
- Adjustable Power Levels - Preserves battery life
- Priority/Dynamic Priority Channel Scan - Frequently scan higher priority channels. Easily add or delete scan list members
- Monitor/Permanent Monitor - Allows continuous channel monitoring
- 3 Programmable Side Buttons and Large Textured
- Push-To-Talk Button - Easy access to favorite features. Operates easily when wearing gloves and provides good tactile response
PR1500 Additional Features
MDC 1200 Signaling
Send and receive information in a variety of ways including:
• Push-to-Talk ID (Encode) Identify your outgoing calls
• Selective Call (Decode) Receive a call from a specific group or individual
• Call Alert (Decode) Receive alerts of incoming calls when you’re a short distance from your radio
• Radio Check (Decode) Lets others check your radio status
• Emergency (Encode) Programmable Emergency/ Silent Emergency feature alerts dispatcher in urgent situations
• Selective Radio Inhibit (Decode) Allows system owner to disable stolen or missing radios
PR1500 Programmable Features:
Top features include:
- Emergency - Alerts dispatcher in urgent situations
- Repeater Talkaround - Unit-to-unit communication, bypassing the repeater
- Channel Scan - Monitors the selected channel for any activity
- Dynamic Priority - Add a priority channel to the scan list
- Volume Set - Sets preferred volume level for radio speaker
- Nuisance Channel Delete - Temporarily deletes a specific channel from your scan mode if you no longer want to hear activity on that channel
The Motorola PR1500 portable can be used for a variety of applications.
Here are a few examples of some key industries:
- Public Utilities
- Community Safety Groups
AAH79KDC9PW5_N PR1500 32 Channel, 5 Watt, VHF (136-174 MHz)
AAH79QDC9PW5_N PR1500 32 Channel, 4 Watt, UHF (380-470 MHz)
AAH79SDC9PW5_N PR1500 32 Channel, 4 Watt, UHF (450-520 MHz)
All PR1500 models include:
- NiCD 1525 mAh, 7.5V Battery
- Single Unit Universal Rapid Charger
- VHF or UHF Antenna
- 2.25” Belt Clip
- RSM Adapter
- Accessory Connector Dust Cover
- User’s Guide CD
- 2-Year Standard Warranty
Motorola Original and Motorola Certified Accessories expand the capabilities of your radio and create a truly customized communication solution for your organization. Motorola accessories are system-tested with Motorola radios to ensure optimum performance.
Did you know?
The majority of HT1000 accessories are backwards compatible with the PR1500, making it an easy transition for current customers.
Click here to see PR1500 Accessories.
Click here to view the PR1500 Series Brochure.
Click here to view the PR1500 Specifications Brochure.
Click here to view the Motorola Community Link Brochure which includes information on the PR860, PR1500, and the Minitor V.